This is a project I'm building along with the very good Udemy course
Advanced Wordpress Theme Development with Bootstrap.
I was revisiting Bootrap in NuCamp and thought might as well try and build a theme with it.
The author of this course is Marcelo Xavier Vieira.
Learnt a number of things during this process. Here are just some of them:
- How to work with bootstrap in wordpress
- How to enqueue stylesheets to override bootstrap styles and add new ones
- How to enqueue JS properly in wordpress
- Creating menus that a user and change from the backend
- How to use template pages
- Template parts
- Theme support
- How to use the functions.php file
- Working with and registering widgets
- Using the WP loop and the WP_Query class to make custom queries
- Setting up different template files (the wordpress template hierarchy)
- Basic SEO techniques to set up the theme the right way